“Christ Church” is the Anglican Parish Church of Waltham Cross (part of the Cheshunt Team Ministry formed in 2008) and the Methodist Church of Cheshunt and Waltham Cross.
The Church was built as a daughter Church to St.Mary’s Cheshunt in 1833. Originally it was called “Trinity Chapel” and in 1855 it became a separate parish called “Holy Trinity Church”.
In 1974 a Sharing Agreement was entered into with the Methodist Church and the building was renamed “Christ Church”.
The Anglican Parish is part of the Cheshunt Deanery within the Diocese of St Albans. We are “Modern Catholic” in our Liturgy and Tradition, with daily celebrations of Morning and Evening Prayer, and the Eucharist. Seasonal devotions such as the Stations of the Cross and the Rosary enhance our liturgical year.
Methodist Fellowship is held on the third Sunday of each month at 3.15pm in the Church Hall.
The Methodist Congregation are part of the Herts & Essex Border Ecumenical Area (HAEBEA). The Superintendent Minister is currently the Methodist Minister at Christ Church, whilst also having pastoral charge at Hoddesdon, Hertford and Watton-at-Stone Methodist Churches.
Find us at: http://ow.ly/RBUVD