The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per year from academic year 2013-2014 in order to improve the provision of physical education (P.E.) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Median and Sport – is allocated to primary schools. The school will receive £9025 for this current year. This money is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of P.E. and sport in schools.
At Holy Trinity Primary School we will spend the additional funding on improving the provision and standard of P.E. and sport. As a school we take pride in being able to provide a wide range of opportunities in P.E. and Sport across the key stages. Pupils have participated competitively in Football, Tag rugby, Netball, Athletics, Swimming and much more. We have a range of afterschool sports activities available to all pupils with thanks to outside coaches and the time given by school staff.
From September 2013, we have been held accountable over how we spend our additional ring-fenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of P.E. and sport so that both the school and inspectors know how sport and P.E. are assessed in future as part of the schools overall provision.
We have a plan in place to spend our allocation of the Sports Premium Funding in a the following ways, including:
- Employing specialist sports teaching to provide high quality PE sessions using a planned scheme of work.
- Additional lunchtime and after-school clubs for pupils providing access to high quality sport.
- Further increasing our teachers’ knowledge of primary P.E. through a variety of CPD courses.
- New P.E. equipment to provide more opportunities within lessons.
- Broaden access for all pupils to a wider range of physical activities.
- Subscribing to the Waltham Cross and district primary schools sports association.
- Provide pupils with opportunities to compete/participate in a range of sporting events.
- Provide opportunities for talented pupils in sport to receive appropriate training
- Provide expert coaching for schools